Workshop for Mantra Frame
Creating a mantra frame in resin art can be a wonderful way to infuse positivity, inspiration, and personal meaning into your artwork. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you craft a mantra frame in resin art:
Materials you’ll need:
1. Wooden frame (choose a size that suits your preference)
2. Resin (epoxy resin is commonly used for this type of project)
3. Resin hardener (if required for your chosen resin)
4. Mixing cups and stir sticks
5. Pigments or resin dyes (color of your choice)
6. Glitter or other embellishments (optional)
7. Your chosen mantra or affirmation (written on paper or printed out)
– Make sure your wooden frame is clean and free from any dust or debris. Sand it down if needed to create a smooth surface.
– Print out or write down your chosen mantra or affirmation. Consider selecting a meaningful phrase that resonates with you and promotes positive thoughts.
2. Mixing the resin:
– Follow the instructions on the resin packaging to mix the resin and hardener in the correct ratio.
– Pour the required amount of resin into a mixing cup and add the hardener accordingly.
– Stir the mixture thoroughly but slowly to avoid creating air bubbles.
3. Adding color and embellishments:
– If you want to add color to your resin, mix in your chosen pigment or resin dye until you achieve the desired color.
– You can also add glitter or other embellishments at this stage to give your mantra frame some extra sparkle and texture. Mix them into the resin mixture.
4. Pouring the resin:
– Carefully pour the colored resin onto the wooden frame, ensuring it covers the entire surface evenly.
– Use a spreader or a craft stick to help spread the resin to the edges and corners of the frame.
– If you want multiple layers, you can pour different colors one after the other.
5. Placing the mantra:
– While the resin is still wet, gently place your printed or written mantra onto the resin surface. Ensure it is centered and positioned as you desire.
– Press down lightly to make sure it adheres to the resin.
6. Removing air bubbles:
– Use a heat gun or a kitchen torch to eliminate any air bubbles that may have formed on the surface of the resin.
– Hold the heat source a few inches above the resin and move it in a sweeping motion until the bubbles disappear.
7. Curing the resin:
– Allow the resin to cure based on the instructions provided by the manufacturer. This may take several hours or more, depending on the specific resin used.
8. Finishing touches:
– Once the resin has fully cured, inspect the frame for any imperfections or rough edges. You can sand down any rough spots to achieve a smooth finish.
– Clean the frame to remove any dust or debris that may have settled on the surface during the curing process.
Your mantra frame in resin art is now complete! Hang it up or display it in a prominent place where you can see and draw inspiration from your chosen mantra daily. Remember to choose a location away from direct sunlight, as prolonged exposure to UV rays can cause resin discoloration over time.